Allison Jill Posner, from Ocala, FL, is an emerging singer/actor just beginning to pursue her career. In May 2005, she graduated from Brown University in Providence, RI, receiving her Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Arts. She currently resides in New York City.
In 2003, Allison was an Acting Apprentice at the renowned Williamstown Theatre Festival in Williamstown, MA. Her credits there include the Child in “For Our Four Astonished Eyes” dir. Maggie Wood, Amy-Beth in “Life Under Water”, dir. Maggie Wood, Susan in Tick, Tick...Boom” dir. Daniel Fisher, and two performances in the Williamstown late night Cabaret series.
In 2004, Allison was a member of the Hangar Theatre Lab Company in Ithaca, NY. While rigorously studying voice, acting technique, movement, Suzuki, and viewpoints, she also performed in Picnic on the Battlefield (Madame Tepan) dir. Shana Cooper, the Kiddstuff musical of The Velveteen Rabbit (Boat) dir. Lear debessonet, Haarlem Berlin (Helita) * original production dir. Rachel Chavkin, and Equus (Jill Mason) dir. Lear debessonet. While there, she also performed as Lil’ Bit in selected scenes from Paula Vogel’s “How I Learned to Drive” dir. Michael Perlman, and was a featured singer in a Jason Robert Brown review.
Allison teaches music and drama to kids. Currently, she teaches a kindergarten drama class and a musical theatre class for 2nd and 3rd graders, both at the Marymount School for Girls. Also, Allison teaches "Storymakers", a dramatic arts class for 3 year olds, at the Manhattan Children's Theatre. Allison also enjoys babysitting.
Allison can also be heard on Oxford Press' ESL series, recorded through Full House Productions. Allison's NYC Solo Cabaret Debut at don't tell mama was in April 2006.
New York credits include:
- Thalia in "The Jamal Lullabies" - part of Youngblood's Thicker than Water 2007 at Ensemble Studio Theatre.
- Cass in "Arms" at Manhattan Theatre Source.
- Lucy in "Lavender Shore" at the Dramatists' Guild.
- Featured performer in "The Music of Eli Bolin" at the Triad Theatre.
- Leslie in "Sideways Stories from Wayside School" at Manhattan Children's Theatre.
- Little Red Ridinghood in "Into the Woods" at M.O.C. Musical Theatre.
- Peggy/Kashi in "JC2K" at the 45th Street Theatre
- Featured performer in "Chopsticks Larry: A Tribute" at Ars Nova
- Thalia in "The Jamal Lullabies" at Collective: Unconscious
Allison’s Brown University Theatre credits include:
- Baker’s Wife in “Into the Woods” dir. Claire Karpen.
- Ginger Reed in “Book of Days” dir. Peter Sampieri.
- Reggie Fluty et al in “The Laramie Project” dir. Michael Perlman.
- Pop in “The Karaoke Kid” dir. Caitlin Marshall *original production.
- Lorraine in “Batboy, the musical” dir. John Emigh
- Mary Warren in “The Crucible” dir. Michael Linden.
- Susan in “Tick, Tick…Boom” dir. Michael Perlman.
- Kitty in “Anna Karenina” dir. Jeff Kurtz * original production.
- Drood in “The Mystery of Edwin Drood” dir. Adam Immerwahr.
- Nora in selected scenes from “A Doll’s House” dir. Michael Perlman.
- Dawn in “The Universal Language” dir. Sophie Deutsch.
- Alice in “Alice’s Adventures” dir. Lila Rose Kaplan * original production.
- Solo performance of “Getting Up Eight, written and performed by Allison Jill Posner.
Also, in the fall of 2003, Allison was the winner of the Fynsworth Alley records “Your Big Break” vocal recording contest. Her submission, “Stars and the Moon” from Songs For A New World, can be heard below.
Allison Jill Posner Performances. Format MP3
- Songs Recorded in 2001 at age 17
- Walking On Broken Glass Live Concert with Ursa Minor's A-Capella Group, Brown University, September 2002.
- Come To Your Senses from Tick Tick...Boom. Live recording of Jonathan Larson's musical performed at Brown University February 2004. Band: Andrew Hertz on keyboard and James Egelhofer on guitar. Recorded at a distant microphone by Todd Lipcon.
- Getting Up Eight. (Show Poster)
Written and performed by Allison Jill Posner. Pianist: Hannah Lewis. Sound recorded by Todd Lipcon in dorm room. Solo Show performed at Brown University May 2005.
Music by Andy Hertz, book and lyrics by Mike Pettry. Flipside is a new musical written while Andy and Mike were at NYU. The demo songs feature Allison Jill Posner along with the Flipside cast David Austin, Harris Doran, Aurelia Williams, Christianne Tisdale, Corey Hill, and Claire Karpen. See Mike Pettry's web site for more information on Flipside.
- Kansas for Christmas from Long Distance
Music by Mike Pettry and lyrics by Heidi Hansen-Young. Long distance is a new punk rock musical. This demo song features Allison Jill Posner along with Mike Pettry himself. Congratulations to Mike Pettry for his 2007 Jonathan Larson award! Check back for more "Long Distance" tracks soon! For more information, see the Long Distance link on Mike Pettry's web site.
- Julian - music and lyrics by Eli Bolin.
- Mailmen - music by Eli Bolin, lyrics by Allison Jill Posner.
- Opening Song "Invitations to the Future"from Time Travelers' Convention
New musical being written by Mike Pettry and Heidi Hansen-Young. Heard with Allison are Claire Karpen and Mike Pettry. See the Time Travelers' Convention at Mike Pettry's web site.
Email Address to Contact Allison
Copyright © 2005, 2006, 2007 Allison Jill Posner